Our friends over at Grateful Plate sent us an AWESOME veggie burger recipe for your 4th of July. Don't feel like scarfing down burgers and hot dogs? Try this heathy and super delicious beet burger patty AND our Red White and Glo Juice Cocktail Recipe!
SIP-N-GLO's RED WHITE AND GLO COCKTAIL
- 12 to 15 strawberries
- 1 cup blueberries juiced
- 3 sprigs of mint juiced
- (makes around 5oz of juice)
2) Add 5-6oz of champagne to make a 10 to 12oz drink
3) Garnish with some floating blueberries or slices of strawberries, and voilà!
GRATEFUL PLATE's BEET BURGER AND VEGAN KALE "CEASAR" SLAW
"Inspired by a Beet & Arugula Salad, this beautifully red veggie burger goes great on any bun or on a salad." - Grateful Plate www.gratefulplatephilly.com
Burger Mixture Ingredients:
- 1 ½ Cup Cooked Beet, peeled & grated (2 beets)
- 1 Cup Cooked Organic Short Grain Brown Rice
- 2 15oz cans of Organic Great Northern Beans
- 1 Cup Red Onion, small dice
- 1 Tablespoon Coconut Oil
- 3- 4 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 Tablespoons Shallots, minced
- ¼ Cup Old Fashioned Rolled Oats, ground
- ¼ Cup Old Fashioned Rolled Oats
- ¼ Cup Parsley, minced
- 1 Tablespoon Umeboshi Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 Tablespoon Smoked Paprika, sweet or spicy
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Dried Thyme
- Sea Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Wild Augural
- Goat Cheese
- Balsamic Maple Aioli (½ Cup Vegan Mayonnaise, 1 ½ Tablespoons Balsamic
- Vinegar, 1 ½ teaspoon Dijon Mustard, 1- 2 teaspoon Maple Syrup)
- Sautéed Mushrooms & Onion (3 Cups Cremini Mushrooms sliced, 2 Cups
- Yellow Onions sliced thinly, 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil)
1) In sauté pan over medium heat, add coconut oil to pan. Once the oil is hot, add the red onions and a pinch of sea salt. Sauté the onions until they get tender (about 5 minutes).
2) Add the garlic and shallots to the pan and sauté for another 3- 5 minutes. Take onion mixture off the heat and let cool.
3) In a small bowl, combine the umeboshi vinegar, Dijon mustard, smoked paprika, ground cumin, dried thyme, salt and pepper.
4) In a large mixing bowl, mix together grated beet, cooked short grain brown rice, great northern beans, rolled oats, parsley and onion mixture.
5) Mix in seasonings from the smaller bowl. With clean hands, mix and mash all the ingredients together. You want the mixture to be well combined. This will take about 3 minutes.
6) Taste burger mixture to see if it needs more salt.
7) Form burgers with a 1/2 cup measuring cup. Form burgers and let sit in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes, at most overnight.
8) To cook the burgers, heat coconut oil in sauté pan and sear burgers for 4-
5 minutes per side or bake at 350F for 25 minutes.
9) Serve on your favorite whole-wheat roll with arugula, balsamic maple aioli, sautéed mushrooms & onions. If cheese is a must for you, spread soft goat cheese on the top roll.
VEGAN KALE "CEASAR" SLAW - Serves 4-6 People
Our Vegan Kale “Caesar” Slaw provides uplifting energy and is very refreshing. Serve this slaw as a side salad, on top of your favorite veggie burger or as the bed for grilled chicken or fish for a delightful summer meal. Your guests will not believe that this slaw is vegan!
- 1/3 Cup fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 Tablespoon White Miso Paste
- 2 Garlic Cloves, finely chipped (2 tsp)
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 1/2 – 2/3 Cup Olive Oil
- 5 Cups Tuscan Kale, with center stalks removed & leaves thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 Cups Radicchio, thinly sliced
- 1 Cup Endive, thinly sliced
1) Make “Caesar” Dressing: In a medium bowl, mix together lemon juice, miso paste, garlic and Dijon mustard. Slowly add oil and whisk until all ngredients are combined. Set Aside
2) Make the Salad: Mix together the kale, radicchio and endive.
3) Dress the Salad: Toss the greens with the dressing and enjoy!
Hope everyone has a happy and healthy 4th!